22 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Swimwear at the Gym

To contact us Click HERE
I am not one of those people who thinks that the gym is a place for fashion, nor am I the kind of guy who chit chats all morning at the gym.  I get in, I get out ... generally at 5:30am.
Although I will say that there is a "look" that comes and goes, a certain style that tends to be in style at the gym.  When you follow pop culture, you can't help but notice when the gym is a big part of your life.
I'm sure you've noticed too .... shorts go up and down in length, shirts become more and more fitted, and sneakers sport all sorts of funky colors.
Personally, I'm a big fan of Nike; even covered it in my book.  This is a brand that knows its audience and its psyche, and delivers a consistent brand experience time eternal.
The one pet peeve that I do have, though, is wearing swimwear at the gym.  You know what I mean ... the long board shorts that are meant to be at Santa Monica that are now suddenly on a treadmill.  Or a benchpress.  Or the short trunk shorts with the colorful patterns.  Oh no, not at the gym!
It just looks awful and out of place, like a guy who is completely out of sorts and just hacking around.  Now you don't need to look like you're at Muscle Beach either, but just have an understanding for clothes and their rightful place.  Gym shorts at the gym, swimwear at the beach or pool.

It's all a part of the reflection of your personal brand ... what's your experience?  Jim.

Jim JosephPresident, Cohn & Wolfe NA
Author, The Experience Effect seriesMarketing Professor, NYU

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder