27 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Christmas in London

To contact us Click HERE


It's going to sound odd to say, but I've never been anywhere except home for Christmas. That's where Christmas is, to me.

So you can imagine my feeling out of sorts to hear that I have to spend the week before Christmas in London.

I can hear the collective "whaaaahhhh," but in all my professional years I have never had to travel during the Christmas season. And as someone who uses the week before the holiday to finish the finishing touches, it's quite unsettling.

So here it is December 19th and I'm in London.   And you know what?  It's gorgeous!

Christmas in London is ... Christmas!  Just like in NY but oh so different.  So ... London. As it should be.

The shopping ... none can compare ... although it's all been voyeuristic since I've been busy with work since the moment I got here.   I did grab a moment to go to Liberty of London - quite the cool London retail experience.  Flowered shirts to die for.


I will be home for Christmas, that's for sure.  But now London holds a special allure for me as part of the holiday experience.  Perhaps I can do it someday for pleasure and really capture the essence of it.

Happy Holidays!  What's your experience?  Jim.

Jim Joseph
President, Cohn & Wolfe NA
Author, The Experience Effect series
Marketing Professor, NYU

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder